EFFIGIES and MARKERS

Monday, June 7, 2021

Memories of Edith Hall Stone

 This story was written by my mother, Judith Anson Robinson, as a tribute to her grandmother, Edith Hall Stone. Rather than retype it, I've taken photos of the typed article. 

Article by Judith Anson Robinson, written 1974, copyright 2021. 

People mentioned in this article, l to r. 
Helen Stone Prebil, Mabel Rowley Hall Lattimer, Edith Hall Stone, Ruth Stone, Lois Stone Anson.
Children: Raymond Prebil, Judith Anson, Sharron Peterson. 
Four generations 
















The beloved satin quilt given to my great-grandmother Edith at Christmas 1945. My mother treasured it all her life, and I've had it since my mom passed. I store it folded, behind glass, to keep it safe from my cats' claws. Considering the life of poverty my ancestor experienced most of her life, this satin quilt must have been a great luxury. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. Reasonable, thoughtful comments are encouraged. Impolite comments will be sent to the recycle bin. DO NOT POST YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS OR ANY LINKS.